2018 Handy Hawker Bybee Family Reunion
Hi everyone. Hope you all have had a great summer!!!
After visiting with many family members about the 2018 family reunion location….. Consensus is to keep it at Waters Edge another year. Several family members feel that it is a good location and close for the older senior members in the family that still come to the reunion. Also has good accommodations for the seniors that don’t have trailers. SO….the reunion will be at Waters Edge in Cascade again and will be the the 3rd weekend in July again. July 19th – July 22nd 2018. Don’t forget to reserve your space and let them know the reunion name for the reservation. I did update the reservation name to “Handy Hawker Bybee” with Doreen at Waters Edge. Stay tuned for more info!!
WHERE: Waters Edge Resort
620 North Main Street Cascade, ID 83611
It is advisable to make your reservation as soon as you know you want to come. Our guests can cancel anytime as long as they call us so that we can rent the site to someone else. We understand how plans change. Please contact us at 1-800-574-2038 to make reservations or to inquire about the park schedule.
Location: In the center of Cascade, you’ll find us right on the Payette River, just below the dam. The Scenic Railroad that runs Sat & Sun during the summer is just a short walk away. The center of town is also within walking distance even if it feels like we are quietly secluded on the river.
You’ll find our sites are various sizes of pull-throughs depending upon what is available for when you want to come. We will try to hold the site we think you’d like, but you would be able to pick a different site from what is available. The distance from sites run from 20′-35′ apart from the other hookup sites.
Hook-ups: Water, Sewer, Cable TV, & Power
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS.
Schedule of Events:
- Everyone arrive and get settled in
- Dinner at 6:00 (American Theme by the Bybee’s)
- Card/board games after dinner
- Breakfast – on your own
- Golf Tournament – Time TBD
- Lunch – 12:30 – (Sandwiches provided by the Reunion)
- Horseshoe tournament
- Dinner – 6:00 (Mexican Theme by the Heck’s)
- Music/dancing after dinner
- Breakfast – 9:00 – Sourdough Breakfast – Men Cook
- Meeting (immediately after breakfast)
- Auction (immediately following the meeting) We will be doing a silent auction for some baskets and/or larger items and then our normal auction for any family items and anything you want to donate. We will be doing raffle tickets again this year but only for the baskets and larger items. All of the goodies brought by family will be auctioned to the highest bidder.
- Lunch – 12:30 – (leftovers…everyone bring your leftovers to share)
- Water games – 2:00 (at the covered shelter area)
- Dinner – 6:00 (Italian Theme by the Conger’s)
- Music and games after dinner – be ready to laugh!!
- Everyone pack up and go home.
2018 Reunion Meals
- Dinner – American Theme….. Bybee’s bring main dishes and everyone else brings a side dish or dessert.
- Breakfast – On your own
- Lunch – Sandwiches, chips and salads provided by the Reunion
- Dinner – Mexican Theme…..Hecks bring main dishes and everyone else brings a side dish or dessert.
- Breakfast – Sourdough breakfast – cooked by the men
- Lunch – Leftover Potluck (everyone bring your leftovers)
- Dinner – Italian Theme…… Congers bring main dishes and everyone else brings a side dish or dessert.
- Breakfast – On your own
Kitchen set-up and Clean-up:
- Thursday Night – Bybee’s
- Friday Lunch – Everyone
- Friday Night – Heck’s
- Saturday Breakfast – Everyone
- Saturday Lunch – Everyone
- Saturday Night – Conger’s